veryone craves for long, lustrous and glorious tresses that shine in all glory. However, it’s a different ballgame for almost everyone. Apart from everything else, there is one common issue that connects people to people, and that is nothing other than snail-paced hair growth. To make matters worse, there are recurring issues like infections of the scalp, itching flaking, and dandruff that leads to dull, and lifeless hair. While one aspires to grow their hair long, it is essential to know to avoid any damage to it and strive towards improving its appearance.
Now, anyone who loves their hair is pretty much adept with the basics of hair care that includes oiling, shampooing, and conditioning on a regular basis. With winter knocking at our doors, it’s time to take that hair care level up a notch as the harsh cold winds do more damage to your hair than one can possibly imagine. Fret not — onions to your rescue. Onions have been long trusted for their super hair strengthening formula and come highly recommended by hair experts for anyone battling hair fall issues looking for a solution.
Multiple scientific tests have proven the fact that onions do have a befitting impact to combat factors leading to hair loss. They are extremely rich is sulphur which is a nutritional element that our body needs. Sulphur is a primary constituent of amino acids, where the latter is also an important protein component. For instance, Keratin, which is rich in sulphur and contributes to boost hair growth. In the very similar manner, onions also contain sulphur that helps promote collagen which in turn is responsible for healthy hair. In this post, we shall take a look at onions and other such inexpensive products that can boost your hair growth.
Understanding Hair Loss and Growth
There are quite a few people who now have half of what their actual hair volume used it be. Such cases of progressive hair fall only turn worse with time. If you haven’t experienced hair fall issues in the past, not even by a strand, then it might come as s shocker to you to witness how you can actually lose a full head of hair.
So, the natural approach is to go ahead and contact a dermatologist to understand and access your situation with the hair regeneration cycle and what are the possible remedies to alter the same. Now, medicines are good, and in a majority of cases, they have been able to eradicate recurring issues like early hair fall, dandruff, or frizziness.
Now, before one looks to treat hair loss issues, it is vital to understand the very basics of your hair health. Hair, as most would know, is made up of keratin and also sulphur that plays an essential role in imparting strength. Commonly occurring hair fall is referred to as telogen effluvium, which can be both acute as well as a chronic condition.
Typically, one can witness the deficiency of vitamins in ones’ system post diseases like malaria and typhoid, which leads to problems all the way. According to the nation’s top dermatologists and hair experts, hair fall tends to acquire a set pattern and varies from one person to another. One should know that in a time period of three months, it moves over to a different cyclical phase like Catagen and Anagen and more. It is during each cycle that one notices a sharp difference in the very pattern of a hair fall owing to seasonal changes. Medically speaking, several studies suggest how, in a day, a person loses more than 100 hair strands on an average.
Combating Hair Loss
In order to combat hair loss, one needs to dedicate a lot of time. Furthermore, it is to be remembered that your efforts won’t bring about a magical change to your overall hair health in a day or overnight. One needs to be really patient for the changes to take place. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Aloe Vera and Amla, when blended together and applied in the morning before shower can bring miraculous results to your hair texture and length.
- Consume at least two tablespoonfuls of flaxseeds regularly.
- Only use mild products for your hair like herbal products. Do away with store-bought cosmetics and rely on the power of Ayurvedic hair oil products.
- Wash your hair at least three times in a week. The usual regime to follow is once a week oiling to be soon followed by a hair wrap and then shampooing and then conditioning and finally applying hair serum.
- Drink at least 2-3 litres of water every day.
- Take to proper combing and preferably use a wooden comb to be gentle on your hair strands as you brush it through.
- Include a lot of vegetables, gen tea, nuts, and fruits in your diet to foster aster hair growth and overall body strength as well.
- Do away with hair styling products that do more harm than good. If you prefer coloring your hair, choose organic hair colors. It will offer the necessary minerals’ to your hair and make it shinier and voluminous than before. Also, keep away from using curling irons and hair straighteners at home or at the salon. No matter how stylish you look, it does no good when used for a long time.
Apart from these tips, one can also use Onion juice as a topical application across the scalp. It’s relatively easy to start with. Take two to three large-sized onions and put in a blender to extract its juice. Now, just take to apply the same on your scalp, rubbing gently in circular motions with your fingers (and not your palm). Leave it for 10-20 minutes and rinse off using a mild shampoo.