This time we will discuss on how to make coffee without a coffee maker. Maybe most of us always rely on electric water heaters or dispensers to heat water to then be the place to steer your favorite coffee every morning. Or some of you always get your hot coffee by relying on Chemex, can always easily provide a glass of hot coffee in the morning, wake up early you just press the button and a cup of coffee ready to be enjoyed.
But what happens when everything you are proud of does not work, when the electricity goes down or when you are camping with friends in the mountains or in the wilderness. Will you bring your equipment only to get a cup of coffee? Maybe you are not a person with a thick back like a camel who can carry all the equipment on it where it goes. In this situation, you must have the sense to be able to get your favorite coffee with friends.
Also read: [Coffee Fruit Nutrition vs Coffee Beans ]
Ok, everything must happen and pass without coffee, we have to find a solution to be able to serve coffee without a coffee maker. In this article, we will explain to you some ways on how to make coffee without a coffee maker. Continue reading this article to completion.
1. Pot method
For those of you who only have limited supplies, relying on pots is an alternative for you. This is the basic way of cooking as our grandmother did before. You can brew a cup of coffee or a coffee pot at once on your stove or on a burning fire.
What you need:
- Coffee powder,
- Small pot,
- Ladle, and
How to make coffee
- Pour water into your pot, add more water than the amount of coffee you want to make, because some of the water will dry out when you boil it
- Put the coffee powder into boiling water,
- Set the burner to medium-high and allow it to boil, occasionally stir the coffee to prevent burning at the bottom of your pan
- Boil the coffee for two minutes without closing
- Turn off your stove, or turn off the coals you made
- Use the ladle to take the coffee that has been brewed into the cup without carrying coffee powder, if you don’t have a spoon at all, then pour the coffee into the cup directly with the teapot, but do it little by little so that the coffee powder doesn’t get carried into your cup.
2. The Coffee Bag Method
Another way to make coffee classically is to use a bag or coffee bag. This is like what the French did in the 18th century.
Take out the city, Morning Person!
What you need:
- Hot water,
- Coffee powder,
- Coffee filter,
- String (anything can be used as long as it’s not coated with wax!)
How to Brew Your Coffee
- Take about one serving of coffee powder and put it into your filter.
- Close the filter tightly, make your small bag full of coffee powder,
- Tie it with a long strap, leaving one end of the rope hanging outside the cup,
- Then, heat the water in any way you can. like a kettle, pot, or even a cup in the microwave.
- Put the filter coffee bag into an empty cup,
- Slowly, pour hot water over the bag containing the coffee powder
- Let the coffee remove the essence for about 4 minutes,
- Lift the filter (bag containing coffee grounds) and throw it away, now a cup of coffee is ready to enjoy.
Some other ways that you can do to make coffee without a coffee maker are using the Strainer, Hanky, Faux French Press, Cowboy, and Microwave Method.