How to get rid of roaches without an exterminator – Cockroaches are creatures that are often found in corners of homes, hotels or in other places that usually have food. Cockroaches can carry germs and bacteria easily and infect humans. Then we must know how to get rid of cockroaches safely without using an exterminator.
Cockroaches usually move through luggage such as suitcases, bags, and various home goods. Without us know, cockroaches lay eggs and more and more in every corner of the house, even whenever the food is not closed, then the cockroaches will soon come to him with bacteria and germs.
If you see cockroaches running around your house, indicating that they are not one. There are some other cockroaches there that are ready to spread bacterial germs. There are many ways to eradicate cockroaches, from how to use pesticides to natural ways. On this occasion we will learn how to get rid of roaches without an exterminator so it is safe for family members.
One effective method of expelling cockroaches is by using Diatomaceous earth and Boric acid. For more details, let’s follow the following explanation.
Read also: How to Get Rid of Termites
How to Get Rid of Roaches without an Exterminator
Cockroaches are thirst resistant and hungry. He can live without eating and drinking for up to a week so getting rid of it is rather difficult. In addition, these small animals are also able to breed quickly. If you want to enjoy your home free of cockroaches, follow how to eradicate the following cockroaches without using an exterminator.
1. Diatomaceous Earth
It is the most effective ingredient to kill house insects such as ants, bed bugs, cockroaches and bedbugs. Diatomaceous earth is very quick to poison cockroaches even very quickly kill it.
The trick is very easy, sprinkle Diatomaceous earth on the ground, either inside or outside of the room. Next, add also on the sidelines of the room, near the cabinet and under the sink.
When sowing this flour you should use gloves and use a mask. The use of diatomaceous earth not only removes cockroaches but also removes other annoying insects.
The use of Diatomaceous earth should be in a dry place in order to penetrate the exoskeletons of cockroaches maximally.
2. Boric Acid and Sugar Bait
In addition to using diatomaceous earth, how to get rid of cockroaches without an exterminator is using baric acid and sugar.
The method of killing cockroaches by using boric acid is also similar to diatomaceous earth. This is to destroy the exoskeleton of cockroaches and other insects causing death.
Below is how to get rid of roaches using sugar bait and boric acid.
- Make a mixture with a ratio of 1 part sugar, 2 parts flour, and one part boric acid.
- The mixture is sprinkled on at the dwelling place of cockroaches
- Always sprinkle the poison every four to five days or until you no longer see cockroaches roaming in your home.
Note: Boric acid is toxic, so avoid it from your children and your pet.
Related: Essential oils for mosquito bites
3. Cut off Food and Water Sources
Eliminating their life sources such as food and water is the best way to get rid of cockroaches without an exterminator. Remember! cockroaches only survive without eating in a few weeks, and they only survive 1 week without water. So, cutting off their source of life is the best way to drive them away from your home.
- Check if there is any water source left at night, dry all the tubs, wash before bed.
- Forcibly where the food can be accessed by them, do not leave leftovers or dishes used in sink.
- Cover all food to avoid being reached by them.
- Clean out the garbage every day in the kitchen or the place that becomes their concealment.
4. Using Soapy Water
Soap water also includes one way of how to get rid of roaches without an exterminator. They are afraid of soapy water so get out and look for another place for their dwelling. In addition to frightening cockroaches, soap water also good for eradicating other lice like bed bugs, termites, microorganism and bacteria.
- Fill the spray bottle with liquid soap and water with a ratio of 1: 2.
- Then spray into the suspicious gaps as a place of cockroach dwelling.
- If you see cockroaches running on the floor, spray on parts of his body several times until he is poisoned, repeat if needed.
- To make the effect more pronounced, you can add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
5. Using Coffee Grounds Bait
Cockroaches are creatures that love the wet coffee powder. It’s a good opportunity for killing roaches. Here are some easy steps to get rid of roaches by using coffee grounds.
- Take three large jars and fill with water up to half
- Put the coffee powder into it,
- Put a cup of coffee on each jar
- Place a jar on the cracks or place that many cockroaches
- The smell of wet coffee will lure cockroaches into the jar, and they will be trapped there
Check the jar every day, throw the cockroaches trapped there, repeat again until the cockroach is gone at the home.
7. Using Neem
In addition to using wet coffee powder, how to get rid of cockroaches without an exterminator is use neem oil. The use of this oil is believed to be one of the safest ways of repelling cockroaches. Neem oil is one of best roach killer that contains volatile components and efficiently prevents pests.
Using this natural way is cheaper than using pesticides. In addition, neem is also not toxic to humans and your pet.
Here’s how to get rid of roaches without an exterminator by using neem oil.
- Put a tablespoon of neem oil into a small / medium spray bottle
- Add water
- Then, spray into the cracks that become the dwelling place of cockroaches.
- Repeat several times, until the cockroaches die
In addition to using neem oil, you can also use neem powder around the house. It not only keeps away the cockroaches, but all insects will move away from the walls of the house.
Those are some ways for killing roaches naturally without an exterminator. The natural ingredients are roach killers that are safe for us, not endangering family members and pets.