Home remedies for treating swollen lymph nodes. Almost all parts of our body are the lymph nodes, which are crucial to maintaining the resilience of the body against various diseases. Lymph is an important component of the immune because they help the body to recognize the different types of bacteria and foreign substances that enter the body. If the lymph nodes problematic body will be problematic also because the body is not familiar with germs that enter the body. This makes the bacteria free to move and damage the health.
Some areas that lymph nodes located are behind the ears, armpits, groin, bottom jaw, and the lower part of the chin. If you are having lymph problems like this, your body will experience problems that called lymphadenopathy or lymphadenitis. Swollen lymph nodes can be the size of a pea to as big as an egg.
Swollen lymph nodes can occur due to problems with health like an infection. Among these are ear infections, gum infections, measles, cold infections, gingivitis, mononucleosis, and tonsillitis.
Swollen lymph not only increases the size of the body, but can also be very painful, but the level of pain depends on the cause. This disease can also be characterized by the presence of several health complaints such as colds, sore throat, fever, cough, swollen limbs, and when sweats at night, as well as weak common sense.
Some cases swelling of the lymph nodes can be cured by itself; there is also by changing the lifestyle, or by using a traditional recipe or home remedy. However, there are also cases that should be handled by medical personnel. If the lymph node problem occurs continuously, then you should seek a medical expert to handle it.
The 10 Home Remedies for Treating Swollen Lymph Nodes
1. Compress with warm water
One way to overcome the swollen lymph nodes is by compress using warm water. Warmer temperatures will help the blood flow so that it can reduce swelling and pain.
- Take a clean washcloth and dip in hot water, squeeze the water.
- Then place it on the swollen lymph nodes during 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day until the swollen disappears.
In addition to the tips above, you can also use warm water to wash the swollen body part each day.
2. Massaging the swollen
Other home remedies for treating swollen lymph nodes is by massaging the swollen body parts. Massage can stimulate the lymph nodes to function properly and can reduce swelling.
- Use your fingers to massage the lymph nodes during 5 to 10 minutes. Perform this massage up to 3 times a day
- If you can not massage, you can visit a professional masseur to give you a massage on the part of your body gets swollen.
Read more: Home remedies for gestational diabetes
3. Using salt water
The next home remedies for treating swollen lymph nodes is salt water. This natural remedy is using to reduce swelling of lymph nodes in the neck that occurred as a result of a poisoning in the throat.
- Take 1 cup of warm water, put ½ teaspoon of salt and stir.
- Next, use this water to rinse the mouth
- Use this home remedy several times a day for 1 week, if your illness is not cured, immediately contact medical personnel.
4. Using garlic
Garlic can also used as a home remedy for swelling of the lymph nodes. Garlic contains anti-inflammatory properties that are useful for reducing swelling of the lymph nodes. Garlic is also useful for cleaning the body, reducing the symptoms and cures.
- Eating raw garlic every day as much as 2 to 3 cloves. Enter also the garlic in your cooking menus.
- Another way that you can try is by massage the swollen with garlic oil for 3 times a day.
- If you do not like the smell, you can consume garlic supplements, but before done, you should consult to a doctor.
Read more: Home remedies for chest congestion
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also includes effective home remedies for treating lymph nodes. Apple cider vinegar works to create an alkaline environment and maintain healthy pH levels in the body. Apple cider vinegar also contains anti-bacterial that can fight the infection, it will help the healing of the lymph nodes.
- Combine apple cider vinegar with water in the same ratio
- Then soak the washcloth and place it on the swollen area
- After 5 minutes, rinse the swelling with warm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this home remedy 2 or 3 times a day.
Other home remedy for swelling of the lymph nodes is by mixing 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with raw honey. Drink 2 times a day.
Honey can also be a good alternative for swollen lymph nodes. Honey contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial that can reduce symptoms and can cure swelling.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey with a little fresh lemon juice in a glass of water.
- Drink this concoction for a week (2 times a day)
- You can also apply raw honey on swollen body parts, let stand for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Perform 2 to 3 times a day.
These are some home remedies for Treating swollen lymph nodes. If you experience this problem in a sustainable manner and do not get relief from these traditional recipes, then immediately contact your doctor in your area to get more handlers.