Growth Hormone Function – GH (growth hormone) is a hormone that works in the human body to stimulate growth, also called somatotropin. Besides stimulating growth, it also stimulates cell reproduction, cell regeneration in both humans and animals. It is a special mitogen that works in certain cells. This hormone consists of 191 amino acids, single-chain polypeptides synthesized, all these substances are stored and secreted by somatotropic cells in the anterior pituitary gland.
Growth hormone is a stress hormone that increases free fatty acids and glucose. It also stimulates IGF-1 production.
Somatropin is a recombinant of hGH, the growth hormone function is as a drug for treating children with growth disorders and adults who are deficient in growth hormone. How to purchase HGH must be prescribed by a doctor and it is only available at legal pharmacies. Recently, in America already using this hormone for the old man who lacks growth hormone (unhealthy people) aims to increase vitality. Until now, growth hormone is still considered a complex hormone where many growth hormone functions and benefits are still unknown.
Human Growth Hormone Functions
We will share information about the HGH function. Although not so talked about, this hormone holds many functions related to the growth of the human body. Here are some functions:
1. From its name, we know that its benefits and functions are for growth. All beings need growth to pass through one time to another. Growth in humans begins at birth, cell development in the body continues to occur and causes physical growth.
2. One of its functions is to cause additional size and number of cells due to the mitotic division. It also causes specific differences between certain cells such as muscle cells and bone cells.
3. Another growth hormone function is metabolizing proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. It is said, this is an integral pattern to maintain good body growth. When HGH metabolizes proteins, there is an increase in absorption of amino acids, increased protein synthesis, and reduced protein oxidation.
4. Metabolize fat, use of fat in the body increases and your body gets the ability to destroy fat effectively.
5. Furthermore, the function of growth hormone is to keep sugar levels in the body stay normal. Sugar is a substance that provides energy for the body. When the body works hard to metabolize fat and carbohydrates, the body will use the sugar as well as possible, so there is no sugar excess in the blood.
Other Growth Hormone Functions (hGH)
A person who has a growth hormone deficiency can take hGH injections with a legal health expert’s instructions. Among the benefits obtained are:
- Increase training capacity
- Get increase bone mass
- Increase bone density (bone mass)
- Reducing body fat
Based on the above health benefits, some sportsmen use growth hormone to increase athletic abilities. This is sometimes also combined with anabolic steroids to increase muscle mass and athletic ability.
Some people believe that hGH can prevent premature aging because HGH levels decrease with age. Besides that, it can also increase testosterone. However, it must be noted that not all of these benefits have been scientifically proven.
Also read:Testosterone and Its Effects
The benefits and growth hormone functions for athletics and for anti-aging are still controversial because they are not supported by sufficient scientific evidence. If you want to use it, ask for advice from a health professional.
What are the hGH Side Effects?
There are possible side effects during the use of growth hormone. Side effects that occur are more potent in people with old age compared to adults. Here are some possible side effects if excessive HGH injections:
- Nerves, muscles and joint pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Swelling of the legs, and arms
- Increase in cholesterol
- Numbness and tingling skin
- The risk of heart disease and diabetes increases
- Risk of cancer and tumors
- Mood changes and dependence
- Acromegaly, there is a growth in facial, hand and foot features
- Lower blood sugar
- Risk of liver damage
- Enlargement of the chest in men, and
- Liver enlargement
That is a review of hGH, the growth hormone function, its side effects and the controversy over the use of this hormone. Always adhere to a trusted doctor and healthcare advice before you use hGH.