Bitter Leaf health benefits is tremendous due to its nutrition value within. Its has Latin name as Andrographis Paniculate Ness. This unique plant native to tropical Asia and one of its spreading is in Indonesia. His name also varies according to the local language of each place. Bitter Leaf is famous for its bitter taste. However, this bitter taste provides tremendous health benefits.
Bitter Leaf plants usually grow wild in nature like in the edge of the fence or in forests and shrubs. But some people are beginning to plant to take health benefits of bitter leaf. Before we see its health benefits, let’s see what are the nutrients there in.
Nutrition Value of Bitter Leaf
Bitter leaves contain high levels of flavonoids, the leaves and branches of this plant contain deoxy andrographolide, 14-deoxy-n, andrographolide, 12-didehydroandrographolide, homoandrographolide, aldehydes, ketones, calcium, alkane, sodium, potassium, recin and acid grit. Various nutritional content is very unusual and provides great benefits for overall health. Below we see some benefits for health.
Bitter Leaf Health Benefits That Proven
1. Treating fever
The bitter leaf rich with antiseptic that lowers the fever effectively. Bitter Leaf contains glucosides, diterpene, lactones, andrographolide and flavonoids that are useful to reduce fever and heat.
How to use:
- Boil 10 grams of bitter leaf, 25 grams of dried turmeric, and 200 cc of water
- Boil until boiling and remaining only 100 cc, strain to separate the dregs
- Let stand until warm, add 100 cc mahogany cotton flower and stir evenly
- Divide into 3 parts for three drinks/day
2. Prevent cancer
Bitter leaf is also useful for treating cancer, tumors, hydatiform mole, lung tumors and trophoblastic tumors that later turn into cancer. Bitter extract in bitter leaf can prevent liver, add immunity and so on.
In addition, the study also showed that bitter plant is able to react to the gastric cancer cells and inhibit tumor growth. Benefits are preventing and inhibiting the development of breast cancer.
See more: Essential herb to prevent cancer
How to Use:
- Combine two bitter leaf and turmeric
- Andrographolide bitter substance in the leaves and curcumin in turmeric work synergistically provide resistance to the cancer.
The combination of these two ingredients is complementary so that the strength of drugs to fight cancer is getting stronger and extraordinary.
3. Treating Typhus Disease
In addition to cancer, health benefits of bitter leaf is treating typhus. Diseases caused by bacterial infections of lymph nodes and intestines and spleen. Typhus has an incubation period of 5-14 days.
How to Use:
- Boil 5 grams of mandarin orange peel with 15 grams of joil into 500 cc water, boil until remaining 200 cc.
- Drink this water suffer from typhus while lukewarm 3 times a day.
4. Lowering blood pressure
The content of andrographolide, alkaloids, and potassium is very complete to treat high blood pressure. Here’s how to make potions to treat high blood pressure.
How to make:
- Provide half a handful of bitter leaf,
- Wash and boil with three glasses of water,
- Boil until the remaining 3/4 cup
- Strain and drink
Make this herb twice a day. It is very bitter but the benefits are incredible.
5. Overcoming Itching
Furthermore, the bitter leaf health benefits is treat itching. Here’s how to make the potion.
- 1 gram of bitter leaf, 1 gram of fragrant ginger
- Mash all ingredients until smooth as powder
- Next, dilute with water
- Drink 3 times a day
6. Treating Malaria
Malaria is a dangerous disease caused by the plasmodium virus. Bitter Leaf is one of the natural ingredients that are useful for treating Malaria. Here’s how to make potions.
- Provide 4 cups of water and boil a slice of bitter leaf
- Boil until boiling and the remaining 2 cups water. Drink 3 times a day.
7. Good for Diabetes
Andrographolide substances in bitter leaf are useful for reducing glucose levels in the blood. Based on research at Faculty of Pharmacy in 2004 showed that bitter leaf can decrease glucose level in male rats.
- Provide bitter leaf about 5 grams,
- Boil 1 cup hot water
- Wait until cool, strain and drink
- Drink twice a day, afternoon and morning after meal.
10. Treating Typhoid
It also includes diseases caused by bacteria, bitter leaf is believed to kill bacteria cause typhoid.
- Provide 10-15 pieces of bitter leaf
- Boil with 2 glasses of clean water,
- Wait to boil and leave to 1 cup
- Let stand cool,
- Put a little honey, and drink
- Do it 3 times a day for a healing effect
11. Treat Kidney Disease
Furthermore, the bitter leaf health benefits is treat kidney disease. Kidneys are the organs of the body that hold important functions. If the kidneys have problems then the whole body will suffer pain. The kidneys function to filter out toxins in the body and release together with the urine. So, this organ is very important to keep it healthy.
Here we see how to make potions to cure kidney disease.
- Fresh Bitter leaf about 30 grams,
- Leaves of cat whiskers
- Corn hair
- Take all the ingredients and clean it with running water, boil everything with 1 liter of water. Wait until the remaining 1/2 liter and drink.
These are some health benefits of bitter leaf that should to know. As mentioned above, this plant can easy to found in any place in our surrounding. It is can grow on the fence or beside our house wall. So, take a little attention to that place may be you can get it beside your resident.