Best Essential Oils for Rosacea – It is a chronic skin disease that has signs such as redness of the skin, sensitivity, burning on the face and itching. A person with this disorder can cause acne called acne rosacea. In severe cases, the disease can cause thickening of the skin of the nose.
Some treatment for Rosacea is with antibiotics, and laser therapy to provide anti-inflammatory. Another way that often be a treatment for Rosacea is a skin moisturizer, taking herbal supplements and essential oils.
Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea
Some symptoms of Rosacea are:
- Experienced redness on the face, especially on the cheeks and nose
- Damaged blood vessels or the so-called Spider Veins
- Swelling and pain of the skin
- Sensitive skin, skin that reacts to sunlight, skin care products, dry skin and often feel hot.
- Dry skin, rough and scratchy
- Cheek is red when embarrassed
- Bumpy skin texture
Before we see the kind of Essential Oils for Rosacea, we need to know first the types of rosacea. Here are some types of rosacea you should know.
1. Type 1: The face turns into, visible blood vessels on the face, this is the most common characteristic of rosacea.
2. Type 2: Appears acne as skin sensitivity, is most common in middle-aged women.
3. Type 3: Increase fluid retention, swelling, skin thickening experience, and reddish.
4. Type 4: There was a sign on around the eyes, namely ocular rosacea.
Best Essential Oils for Rosacea
Now, let’s see what essential oils for rosacea.
1. Borage Oil
Borage oil is known for its high gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) content, an essential fatty acid. These fatty acids are not produced directly from the body, then we must consume food to get it. The borage oil is one oil that contains many essential fatty acids. You could take it as a supplement or made it as a topical oil.
This oil also contains anti-inflammatory that is very good for skin health.
See more: Essential oils for constipation
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a wax ester which was obtained from crushing the seeds of Jojoba. Its contains a miraculous structure, its like the structure of sebum (skin oil). The jojoba essential oil is often used as an herbal supplement and as oil body care.
Why jojoba oil is used for rosacea? Because this oil is emollient, non-irritant effect, and helps the body retain moisture.
3. Chamomile Oil
Furthermore, essential oils for rosacea is chamomile oil. The process of this oil is extracting by steam distillation of the flowers. The benefit of chamomile was able to calm the skin and reduce the effects of inflammation.
4. Rose Hip Oil
Rose Hip oil has the same to borage oil. Its has the highest concentration of essential fatty acids, GLA. These oils are essential for the growth of healthy cell membranes. Use of Rose Hip oil on Rosacea is as an anti-septic and to regulate sebum production.
5. Lavender essential oil
It provides peace and comfort to the skin. The process of making oil well through steam distillation of lavender flowers and leaves. It is an essential oil that is very effective for rosacea. The lavender oil also suitable for all skin types. Lavender also has anti-inflammatory, so it’s great to cure all diseases caused by inflammation.
6. Evening Primrose
Evening primrose oil is also high content of GLA, often created as herbal supplements and topical oil. Primrose helps in normalize the barrier function of skin. Maintain hydration and effect astringent. So primrose oil is an essential oil that is important for rosacea.
After we see the best essential oil for Rosacea, let us know about the causes of this disease.
Cause of Rosacea
Rosacea is an inflammatory disease of the face. Medical experts do not know exactly what causes of rosacea development of this defect. However, they see that the problem is trigger by an overactive immune and high inflammation. So, to control this disease, they may recommend anti-inflammatory diet.
Some of the following factors should be wary and likely to cause rosacea.
- There is a problem with the blood vessels
- Damage due to exposure to the sun
- Inflammation is not normal in the connective tissue of the skin
- The side effects of certain drugs
- Related to genetic
- People who have light, sensitive skin and light eyes are more Likely to have rosacea
This disease occurs predominantly in women than men. Research shows that three times as many women sufferers as compared to men.