Kratom, an herb popular in Southeast Asia, comes in three major strains; red, white, and green vein Kratom. The strains represent the main colors of the leaf vein of Mitragynine speciosa (the Kratom plant species). The interesting thing is that all the three strains promise different effects and they differ in dosage requirements. To help you understand more about the strains, here is all to know about the red, white, and green vein Kratom.
1. Red Vein Kratom
In general, red vein Kratom is considered to have the effects of a sedative. So, some people take it as an alternative to commercial sedatives.
Red vein Kratom promises the following effects to its users:
- Sedation: As mentioned earlier, most people take red vein Kratom for sedation purposes. It’s believed to calm the body the same way opioids do it.
- Opioid-Withdrawal: Inasmuch as red vein Kratom belongs to the same class as opioids, there are arguments that it can help with opioid withdrawal. It does this by offering similar effects as opioids.
- Relieving: Through sedation, red vein Kratom users believe that it promises relief effects against different kinds of pain. From muscles pain to headaches, the strain is suggested to provide quality relief to the users.
- Uplifting: For those who want a better mood, red vein Kratom can promote it as it believed to have great uplifting effects.
Kratom exists in popular varieties like Thai, Indo, Maeng Da, Bali, and Sumatra. Though rare, you can also find it in varieties like Borneo, Horn, Vietnam, and Riau.
The dosage for red vein Kratom differs from one user to another. However, it’s recommended to start small (2-4g). Once you get used to a small dose, you can improve your intake to about 4-8g.
2. White Vein Kratom
White vein Kratom is considered by most users to be the most extreme in effect.
White vein Kratom promises the following effects to its users:
- Uplifting: For those who are low-spirited and moody, white vein Kratom promises unique uplifting effects.
- Focus: White vein Kratom is believed to energize the brain to improve focus and general concentration.
- Endurance – By boosting energy, white vein Kratom is suggested to help the body to endure physical strain and aggression. The body becomes energized through the stimulation of the muscles.
White vein Kratom exists in two popular strains. The first one is Bali and it’s believed to have energizing and uplifting effects. The second one is Thai and is suggested to have relaxing effects. Other strains include Maeng Da and Borneo.
For beginners, it’s recommended to take 3g per day as you work towards 4-5g. Once you are used to it, you can run on 6-7g a day. If you want to do more, it’s advisable to talk to an expert to avoid overdosing the supplement. The effects of an overdose can be devastating.
3. Green Vein Kratom
Green vein Kratom is a derivative of the white Kratom and red Kratom. So, it’s suggested to cause effects that sit between the two primary Kratom strains.
Green vein Kratom promises the following effects to the users:
- Stimulation: Compared to the other strains, green vein Kratom is suggested to stimulate the body the most.
- Relieving: Green Kratom is believed to provide physical relief against pain, fatigue, and muscle ache.
- Vitality: Like coffee, green Kratom can be used to boost body energy. Thus, it’s advisable to take it in the morning when you need to jumpstart your day. It also believed to boosts mental energy.
Green vein Kratom exists in different strains but the most popular ones are Indo, Malaysian, and Sumatra. Indo is suggested to be good in relieving the body from physical pressure while Malaysian type is believed to produce cognitive effects. Sumatra, on the other hand, is associated with stimulation and calming effects. Other less popular types include Maeng Da and Riau.
There’s no specific dosage for green vein Kratom. All manufacturers have their recommendation and it’s advisable to follow what they recommend. For beginners, the recommended daily intake is 1-2g. However, you can increase your own intake to 3-5g if you are looking for lasting effects. This is after you get used to the supplement.
With the discussed basics, you can now decide on the Kratom strain that suits you. One of the best online platforms where you can get all of the three strains is the Golden Monk. You’ll find a wide range of varieties for the three strains and forms like powders, capsules, and tinctures.