The health benefits of olive oil for baby – Olive oil is used more and more popular nowdays, even though in many beauty products. Among these products are moisturizers, creams, conditioners and even lip color. The health benefits of olive oil are not limited to adults only, because the natural oil is also very beneficial for the baby.
The health benefits of olive oil is very good for the heart, you can use olive oil as a frying oil or cooking. Well, it turns out the antioxidants in olive oil is very good, so it is used also for the cosmetic industry. Besides as oil for frying and as raw material for cosmetics, olive oil is also beneficial to massage babies and children.
The Health Benefits of Olive Oil for Baby
Olive oil is known contain a fatty acid called oleic acid, making the skin be soft and supple, and also can increase humidity, but for babies who suffer from skin problems such as eczema, use olive oil can be dangerous and is not recommended.
Babies have a smooth skin and thinner than adult skin. That is why it is important to choose olive oil that is good for baby’s skin.
1. Olive oil for constipation
The health benefits of olive oil for baby to remove constipation.
- Baby’s digestive system is still not perfect and still extremely sensitive to changes in diet. Therefore, it is not normal for a baby if she was experiencing constipation or diarrhea every few weeks. Olive oil can be useful as a digestive stimulant, which regulates the stomach and helps relieve constipation naturally. Adults can also use olive oil as a supplement to improve the performance of the intestine.
- If you give a formula for your baby, there is a possibility he could suffer from constipation. And if that happens, use olive oil to cope. Formula is more difficult to digest than milk, which is why the baby could suffer from constipation. Also, if it’s your first time to introduce solid foods for baby, your baby may be experiencing digestive problems at first.
- For a variety of problems that occur on your baby, make sure you consult with your doctor first.
- Health benefits of olive oil on skin
- Health benefits of coconut oil for beauty
- Benefits of sunflower oil
2. Olive oil for skin problems
The health benefits of olive oil for baby in overcome skin problems. Usually the baby massage using olive oil is not a good choice, but in fact in some cases the use of olive oil could help to improve skin health and overcome some skin problems.
- Diaper rash: Olive oil is one of the best natural remedies to cope with diaper rash and some other skin problems. Combine 2 parts olive oil and 1 part water and apply on the skin of infants suffering from diaper rash.
- Head lice: Olive oil can cope with lice. So, for owners of hair lice, just use olive oil as a moisturizing hair.
3. Other health benefits of olive oil
In addition to some of the health benefits of olive oil for baby as above, olive oil is also believed to help in handling a variety of other health conditions.
- Olive oil has a fatty acid composition that is quite similar to human milk.
- Many studies have revealed that olive oil has a positive impact on the growth of the baby and can help the development of bones and muscles.
- The content of vitamin E in olive oil may help mothers through pregnancy and childbirth with a lighter.
- Consumption of olive oil can protect your baby against conditions such as hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis.
- Olive oil is believed to help prevent kidney and pancreas in premature infants.
That’s the health benefits of olive oil for baby. And actually there are several other benefits of olive oil. However, we mentioned above are the main benefits of the oil.